Monday, February 28, 2011

Lower Body Weight Workout

As you can imagine, having a baby leaves the lower half of a woman's body...well, changed.  Here's to another workout that only requires 1) you, 2) doing it.  The focus here is the whole hip/booty/thigh region.

2 sets of 15-25 reps
on all fours-diagonal kicks (leg goes out at a diagonal and comes back in)
touch the ground and come back up (bend your knee here)
back lunges (make sure to not press through toes)
curtsey lunges
squat with taps out to the side with one leg
knee up repeater on a step (any step will do in your house)
step up and down on a step using the same leg
wide leg squats--slow

2 comments:

G! said...

You rock!! Thanks for posting this... I now have my evening plans :)

Unknown said...

You are the inspiration I need, Mandy especially as I blog food recipes :)
My two year old keeps me busy and baby sitters are far too expensive, but if I visit your blog everyday like I do others, perhaps that will motivate me to stop blog hopping and actually start hopping :)
If you like healthy veggie recipes, you know where to stop by :))