Friday, May 28, 2010

Book 7: Redeeming Love

I first have to start by saying this book has been on my shelf for at least 9 months.  For some reason I put many other books ahead of this one until last week when I mentioned to a friend it was on my "list" of books to read in 2010.  She immediately encouraged me to pick the book up and dive in as she knew it would be a quick read for me.  Now, all I can say is WOW.  The book is amazing.  I mean, I put it up there with the twilight series.  I finished this 450+ page book in less than 48 hours.  I just couldn't put the book down and from start to finish it had me hooked.  Not only was the story just phenomenal but the overall message couldn't have spoken any clearer. 

It's a historical romance novel set in the 1850's Gold Rush in California. The story is taken from the book of Hosea from the Bible.  The main theme is the redeeming love of God towards sinners.

I don't want to give too much plot information away as I'd highly, highly recommend this book.  Even if your skeptical or don't consider yourself a Christian it would be a great read.

No comments: