Monday, March 15, 2010

Motivation Monday: Mary

Ever realize how influential the people we meet on a daily basis can change our personal perceptions?

Meet Mary. Out of all my clients, she's had the most birthdays, eighty-three to be exact. Yet she seems like a friend that's not more than a couple years older.

Mary epitomizes what I hope to be like a generation from now. She's got this thrill for life and living it well. She's a participant, no matter what her driver's license says, she acts how she feels which probably isn't a day over 30. It's inspiring to be around her because nothing really stops her...well maybe some physical limitations that happen over the years but she doesn't dwell on them.

And maybe one of the reasons Mary is so special to me is because she reminds me so much of my great-grandma. They both possess this incredibly sunny outlook on life that not many people carry. Even when they both had husbands that left them decades before and I'm sure many, many other obstacles they lived through. They never lost their zest for life. It seems it has only made them stronger.

The message Mary has sent me without even knowing is to never stop living and to see each day as a sunny one...even if there isn't a blue spot in the sky. We make our own blue skies.

No comments: