Friday, June 13, 2008

Reducing Calorie Intake = Anit-Aging?

It's true! They (researchers) have found that mice live 40% longer with low calorie diets but high in nutrients. Low calorie diets drive the body to replace and repair damaged cells. This process usually slows down as we age, but low calorie diets make the body re-synthesise and turn over more cells – a situation associated with youth and good health. Interesting!

Did you also know that the average American intakes 4,000 calories/day? That's crazy but explains why 67% of America is overweight/obese.

As corny as this might sound, I've really enjoyed counting and keeping track of my calories lately. When I was vigorously working to lose the 50 pounds I gained during pregnancy I used this site and am again tracking what I intake. It's been fun and also a wake-up call as to what I'm putting in my mouth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the calorie-count.com link - it's just what I needed.