Sunday, January 16, 2011

Labor. Baby. Joy.

I had a baby this week!  On Monday, January 10th I started having contractions in the afternoon.  The baby we now call Treyden arrived at 9:56pm.  The plan was to have a natural labor as my previous labor experience with my first son took forever doing it with drugs.  I had this hunch things would go faster this time around if I could forgo the drugs.  Well, my hypothesis turned out to be true.  I was in hard labor for 2-3 hours.  And let me just say it was HARD.  I definitely underestimated how hard it would actually be.  Yeah, having a baby is painful.  I now know that firsthand.  But all the pain was worth it.  I got to hold my baby boy.  

Here's the kicker though.  If someone were to ask me, drugs or no drugs I'm not sure I know the answer.  I guess I'd have to say no drugs.  But let me tell you during the very hard part of labor I questioned myself as to why I would have decided to forgo pain medication.  Maybe everything was fuzzy at the time. I'm sure I wasn't thinking straight. 

It's all behind me now and we're experiencing pure joy at it's finest.  Every minute of every day I'm so thankful this little boy arrived safe and sound. 

3 comments:

Mighty Men said...

The real question is what would Aaron choose? For you to do pain meds or not!? :)

kristine said...

yaaaay! so proud of you! i'm so glad all is well and the labor and delivery are behind you and you have perfect little treyden home with you!

Unknown said...

Baby is beautiful and you look absolutely radiant :)