Friday, April 16, 2010

Race 4...Check!

The 2010 Brew to Brew.  A race I won't forget.  It was the most fun I've had at a race to date.  It was a 44 mile relay from downtown KC (boulevard brewery) to downtown Lawrence.  There were 4 of us on this team to complete 44 miles although the original plan was 6.  I was prepared to run 8 miles that day but instead was pleasantly suprised with close to 12.  At the end of the day, I felt what I always love to feel...accomplishment.  I think it's a mix of good endorphines and type-A goodness of checking 12 miles off my list. 

Maybe the best part of the race was the team.  I've known my sweet friend Johnna for almost 4 years but met Courtney and Ivan that day.  I have to say we make a great team and so I think there may be more relays to come in the future!

No comments: