Thursday, June 4, 2009

Focus on the Solution

There are studies, testimonials and endless reasons why food journaling is a key component in losing weight. Think about it if you aren't already food journaling and your goals is to lose weight, why haven't you started? Does the thought sound overwhelming and too time consuming? Can you just think of a million reasons why it's just not for you? How about this....

Instead of thinking up every excuse in the book of why you can't do something and then focusing all your energy on the barriers that stand in your way of the goal, why not try thinking about all the ways you can overcome the barriers? Focus your energy on making it happen, instead of why it's not happening for you.

I am the only person in control of my life. If someone wrongs me, says something negative or rude, the only control I have is how I react. I decided a long time ago that nothing would stand in my way if I wanted something bad enough. After that was established I decided I needed to make a caculated plan to get what I want (just ask my husband). It's worked most every time!

Still not convinced you want to try food journaling? Click here to read what other's are saying about it. It's not just me that finds food journaling key!

No comments: