Saturday, February 16, 2008

Updated Events

We're getting there! I almost have one event for every month; a big thank you to Kelly for the tip on the Kansas City Zoo Run. I have heard that is a good one. If any of you know of any possibilities for December, let me know...preferably something local.



I'm very excited about the "Ride for the Cure" that the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation has set to take place in beautiful Ashville, NC in August. Ironically, I was in Ashville just last year. Like every other tourist, we checked out the Biltmore estate. Let me tell you, it was a must see as there is a surprise in the basement (I won't tell what's down there-you'll have to check it out yourself). At least think about joining me; you can choose from a 45 mile, 68 mile, or 100 mile course. Plus, you will be in good hands as yours truly is set to be the "ride coach."



The other piece under 2008 events that's worth pointing out is the women's Nike marathon. This race is located in San Francisco, CA. Many people have tried to talk me out of this one because of the intimidating hills that San Fran is known for. Well, luckily for me, there are a handful of ladies right here locally that have participated in the race and they assured me the hills are of no concern - I think I'll trust them. After all, I already posted on this website that I would do it so I guess I'm stuck. My wonderful husband has agreed to travel with me in support and stand on the sidelines-so I am for sure going. Would you please consider joining me for this weekend? Bring your family and friends along and make it a vacation like we're doing. The tickets go fast for this one so I'll be sure to let you know when to sign up as registration day approaches.

No comments: